Monday, May 20, 2013

I'm Back!

Hello, it's me! I know it's been awhile, but somehow time just flew by and here it is, 2-1/2 years since my last post...wow! I hope this finds you happy and healthy! I have so much to share that it will take me awhile but at least I will have something to say and I promise, I will post at least four times a week. I hope you find this interesting and inspiring! What have I been up to? Well in May 2011 I finished my yoga teacher training so I've been teaching yoga once a week at my favorite yoga studio as well as managing their website! Last September my husband and I made a life-changing decision: We went mostly Vegan. What does 'mostly Vegan' mean anyway? After reading Joel Fuhrman's book Eat to Live, I realized that he was right, those chronic diseases we live with every day--heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes--need to be treated as if they were emergency situations rather than just coexisting with them. We become complacent with these illnesses and accept them as part of our lives. We went on his most extreme, 6-week program and miracles happened: Hub lost over 30 pounds and I lost 15. I cut my Metformin dose in half. My long range A1C blood sugar dropped to 5.8. We were feeling great! After the 6-week program, we began eating more animal products, mostly dairy, and that sweet addiction, white sugar, began to creep back into my diet. The pounds crept back on and my blood sugar levels and cholesterol went up. I couldn't get myself motivated to exercise. I was in a bit of a funk for most of the winter! So here we are in the last half of May... #vegan #JoelFuhrman #yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment