Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Less Really IS More...

In 2001 I had the opportunity to go to Taipei, Taiwan, for 19 days with my family.  It was an amazing experience but the 12-hour time difference was brutal!  Never fear, there was a Starbucks on what seemed like every corner.

So began my Starbucks habit.  Fast forward to 2013 and you would see that almost every outing involved a trip to Starbucks.  As we journey into 2014 and fiscal responsibility, I've turned off the automatic reload on my Starbucks card and hoarded the $35 balance on it...supplemented by a $25 gift card I received at Christmas.

As a treat,  my husband and I stopped in at Starbucks last week and we each ordered a latte.  Instead of dashing out the door and drinking them in the car while multitasking, we  sat down, took in the atmosphere and  shared some quiet conversation and hand holding while we enjoyed our drinks.  When they were gone, we left, still holding hands.  I was filled with appreciation and gratitude; for the coffee, yes, but more so for the moment

As we move into having less, I realize that I am not losing anything.  Instead, I am gaining so much more.


No comments:

Post a Comment